Wednesday, May 16, 2012

Still in Transition

Last Saturday morning, Michael and I drove to the storage unit in our new hometown. Our truck-o-stuff had arrived and so had nearly 20 people from Community Bible Church. A myriad of trucks were filled to head to the apartment, and the rest went into storage. Thanks to the "many hands," it was "light work!" Within a few hours, church members and even family had headed home.  One more visitor came late in the afternoon to bring us supper and even more food to fill our pantry and fridge.  Michael and I tucked the girls into bed in their new rooms, sat on the couch, and sighed. Made it. 

Sunday morning we received a sincere and joyful welcome from the members of CBC. That afternoon, true to Mother's Day form, I did very little housework, and even had the luxury of a long nap after lunch. On Monday we began to tackle the paperwork that is a state to state move. With Michael's start date another week away, on Tuesday we decided to take a trip to WI to see Michael's parents and brother. So I actually unpacked a suitcase Monday night and repacked it on Tuesday morning! Finally, to today, Wednesday. We packed up the van and drove the easy (and beautiful, might I add) 2 hr drive to Julie and Bill's.

Graciously, the Lord has blessed the girls (and us!) with good sleep through all of this travel and change in bedrooms and beds. Rebekah is as sweet and smiley as ever, and Naomi is ever curious and in wonder at all she sees. For what more could a mother ask? 

It appears that come Tuesday, May 22nd, our time in transition will be at least partially over. Michael will begin his new job, and the girls may actually sleep in the same beds for a few weeks in a row. We will learn our new schedule and settle into a familiar routine. Familiarity will be welcome. Transitions are tough in some ways but God has proven Himself again so faithful to care for our every need. From a stocked freezer, fridge, and pantry to well rested babies, His goodness is shown throughout. He's not required to allow me to keep breathing much less deserve these sweet gifts. And yet He gives them because our Father knows how to give good gifts to His children, just like Jesus said. 

Thank you, Father. 

1 comment:

  1. Praising God for His faithfulness and missing you a ton. I think and pray for you every time I drive by Old Princeton Rd. which is at least 4x/day. :-)

    ReplyDelete

I want to hear what you think!